Pre-registration plus CPD’s (including those that give an NMC recordable qualification – the most recent validation documentation will be included) or top-up BSc Health & Social Care programme – documentation for the latter will include the most recent programme specification and module descriptors plus a bespoke letter.
For a full description of what will be provided, please read the detailed description on link (read more)
Former Students Applying for Registration Overseas - Nursing & Midwifery
LJMU can provide documentation to regulatory bodies for former students applying for professional registration overseas. Due to the varying requirements of different regulatory bodies and the high level of requests, JMU is not able to complete ‘bespoke transcripts’ for former students, or any type of additional form requesting information about hours etc., all of this information will be provided in our own format. You should advise the regulatory body if there is something they require which we are unable to provide before you purchase the documentation from us.
The information that we can provide in most circumstances for pre-registration and post-registration licence to practice qualifications for Nursing and Midwifery programmes is as follows:
- Student Transcript (post 2003) or other confirmation of award.
- Nurse Training Record detailing placements and hours, plus theory hours and attendance (pre-registration only).
- A bespoke letter (on LJMU letterhead paper) with individual student information (Date of Birth / Name etc.), generic statement about the types of changes that may have occurred since you studied on the programme (these will be linked to changes in professional practice as required of educators approved by NMC). The letter will also include general information about the university, the regulatory body and award and will state that you were taught and assessed in English.
- A generic pack containing the following information:
- Cover page detailing programme, dates of validation, final date of commencement if the programme no longer runs;
- NMC approval document for programmes that give licence to practice that were validated after NMC became the regulatory body (or a statement that we do not have access to validation documents before NMC became the regulators of Nursing and Midwifery education);
- A statement regarding the content of pharmacokinetics and medicines management (pre-registration licence to practice programmes only);
- If available, the most recent (or the last we have for programmes that no longer run) programme plan and detailed module descriptors, these include theory hours per module which can be used as a comparison.
The covering letter will be stamped and signed by the School Director. All other pages will be stamped only.
We cannot provide anything additional to this and will not be able to respond to requests to complete regulatory body forms. All of the information we can supply should be enough for a regulatory body to be able to assess whether your hours in theory and practice and subjects are comparable to their own.
LJMU cannot be held accountable should your application not be accepted.
We cannot guarantee, particularly for students who studied with us prior to 2003, that exact data exists but we will search our archived records and provide as much documentation as is available to us. In these circumstances we will contact you directly and advise what information we can provide.
We begin the process once you have scanned and emailed your ID. From this date, we aim to complete and send your information within a 4-week period. During busier periods, particularly June and September, or if you have studied with us prior to 2003 and we have to search archives for information, this may take up to 8-weeks.
To purchase your documentation, please add the relevant package you require to the basket. After you have done this, you will need to complete a form with details of your studies, personal details and where the information is to be sent. Upon receipt of your request, a colleague from the School of Nursing and Allied Health will email you and request you send a scanned document as proof of identity. This must either be a Passport, Photo Driving Licence or NHS staff ID card and our search for your records will not commence until you have provided this.
Please note: Most regulatory bodies require the university to send the information directly to them and therefore a £15 courier fee is included in the price of your package. If the documentation is to go to a UK address by 2nd class post, we will arrange reimbursement of £15 once your documentation is posted.
- Pre-registration or post-registration licence to practice programme documentation – excluding CPD’s (for one programme only). PRICE £115
- Pre-registration plus post-registration licence to practice documentation, e.g. Health Visiting (two programmes with detailed information as above). PRICE £215
- Pre-registration plus CPD’s (including those that give an NMC recordable qualification – the most recent validation documentation will be included) or top-up BSc Health & Social Care programme – documentation for the latter will include the most recent programme specification and module descriptors plus a bespoke letter. PRICE £165
Confirmation of CPD’s (including those that give an NMC recordable qualification – the most recent validation documentation will be included) or top up BSc Health & Social Care programme only. This will include the most recent programme specification and module descriptors plus a bespoke letter. PRICE £65