1. At least 18 years of age;
2. Suitable experience of participating in survival craft and rescue boat drills on-board ships.
3. MCA approved Personal Survival Techniques (STCW A-VI/1-1) or Royal Navy equivalent, Basic Sea Survival, Fisherman’s Safety Training Course Certificate.
4. At least 6 months sea service on vessels of over 15m registered length operating in category C and D waters or beyond evidenced through testimonials or seamanship book.
5. Valid medical fitness certificate recognised by the MCA such as ENG1 or equivalent and/or an assessment of fitness through a medical declaration carried out by LJMU staff prior.